- You will never play professional basketball
- You swear fluently
- At least one of your cousins is a fireman, cop, bar owner, funeral home owner or holds political office
- And you have at least one aunt who is a nun or uncle who's a priest
- You think you sing very well
- You have no idea how to make a long story short!
- There isn't a big difference between crying and laughing
- You spent a good portion of your childhood kneeling in prayer
- You're strangely poetic after a few beers
- Some punches directed at you are from legacies of past generations
- Many of your sisters and/or cousins are named Mary, Catherine or Eileen ..... and there may be one with the full name of Mary Catherine Eileen
- You may not know the words, but that doesn't stop you from singing
- You can't wait for the other guy to stop talking before you
- You have Irish Alzheimer's... you forget everything but the grudges!
- Childhood remedies for the common cold often included some form of whiskey
- There's no leaving a family party without saying goodbye for at least 45 minute
- At this very moment, you have at least two relatives who are not speaking to each other. Not fighting, mind you, just not speaking to each other.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010